NSAI & FESA Certification
NSAI Certification creates, maintains and promotes accredited certification of products, services and organisations for compliance with recognised standards, from business management systems to product approvals.
NSAI operates a registration scheme based on I.S. 3218:2009 for both commissioners and certifiers of fire alarm systems of which Horizon Safety Systems are certified.
What is I.S. 3218?
The full name of this Irish Standard explains its precise purpose: I.S. 3218:2009 Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems for Buildings – System Design, Installation, Servicing and Maintenance
Under the registration scheme, NSAI inspectors assess the operations and procedures carried out by commissioners and certifiers of fire alarm systems.
What is involved in registration?
NSAI inspects a number of installations against the requirements of I.S. 3218. We also visit the applicant company’s office to check that all appropriate records are kept and that an adequate set of tools and test equipment is maintained.
When we are satisfied that the necessary requirements have been met, the application company is registered and receives its NSAI Certificate of Registration.
The benefits of I.S. 3218 registration
By registering, your company will be listed in the Directory of Registered Fire Alarm Companies. The Directory is maintained and regularly updated by NSAI. Only those companies which are compliant with the scheme’s requirements are listed. Regulatory bodies such as fire authorities have access to this Directory.
There are other advantages to be gained by registering to I.S. 3218. For example, registration:
- Entitles you to use the Irish Standard Mark in connection with installations
- Improves the credibility of completion certificates from a regulatory standpoint
- Allows you to issue an NSAI Certificate, quoting your NSAI registration number
- Promotes a higher level of workmanship
- Provides independent verification and reassurance to your clients.
The Association is now actively working on behalf of the membership. It is recognised throughout the Industry, by government and regulatory bodies and has established itself as the voice of the Fire Detection, Alarm and Extinguishing business in Ireland.
The association has as its principal aims:
- The application of and compliance with relevant National, European, and International Standards.
- The employment by members of competent and skilled personnel.
- The application by members of the highest standards of workmanship.
- Continuous education and skills development of all members and their employees.
- Co-operation with relevant Legislative, Local Government, Engineering and similar professional bodies.
- To assist and require all members to successfully obtain third party accreditation to national/international standards as and when national/E.U accreditation has been established.